Every Business Should Have An Emergency Kit.
Disaster can strike at anytime for a business. It is important to make sure you can be as prepared as possible in case of a disaster. A business disaster kit should include emergency supplies for you and your employees to stay safe and well while waiting out the storm, and on ward.
So, what to put in an office emergency kit? Here is a list of items to consider when creating a business preparedness kit:
- Bottled water: Have a minimum three-day supply of water for every member of your staff. You need to have enough clean water for both drinking and sanitary purposes.
- Non-perishable food: You will want to have a three-day supply of non-perishable food per person. Keep in mind that the food should NOT require any cooking and should NOT provoke thirst. A few examples are canned meats, vegetables, and fruits; nuts, cereal bars and other food items that have a long shelf life.
- First-aid kit and essential medications: Sterile gauze pads, bandages, antiseptic lotion, pain relievers, fever reducers, thermometer, scissors, tweezers, and sterile gloves are just some ideas to start with.
- Sanitation and hygiene supplies: Hand soap, paper towels, moist towelettes, antibacterial wipes, toilet paper, garbage bags, disinfectants, and other hygiene supplies.
- Emergency supplies: Fire extinguishers, flashlights, light-sticks, spare batteries, whistles, a portable hand crank radio, and a disposable camera.
If your business you know is faced with a disaster and in need of restoration, the experts at SERVPRO can help to mitigate the damage and restore your home! Call (330) 305-2650