Step 3: Water Removal / Water Extraction
After the inspection and damage assessment step for your water damage, the water extraction process begins for your home or business. SERVPRO of Canton Ohio is the professional company for all of your restoration needs in Canton Ohio. We will take care of your damage in a timely and efficient manner, so you can go on with your normal lives. This specific step removes the majority of the water. SERVPRO of Canton Ohio uses powerful pumps and truck-mounted vacuum units to quickly remove hundreds or thousands of gallons of water from your property. Rest assured we have you covered in your restoration damage!
Move-Out / Pack-Out
If your home requires extensive restoration or cleaning, SERVPRO of Canton can conduct an organized, efficient move-out to protect your belongings from further damage.
- Move-Out Service
Emergency Water Removal
Our highly trained technicians will begin the water removal process almost immediately. Depending on the amount of water, we may use powerful submersible pumps in addition to industrial strength, wet/dry vacuums. Removing most of the water helps reduce drying time and helps prevent secondary water damage and mold and bacterial growth.
- Remove Excess Water
- Use Submersible Pumps and Industrial Wet/Dry Vacuums
Inspect the Carpet Pad and Carpet
We inspect the carpet and pad and determine if they should be removed to protect the subfloor.
- Inspect Carpet Pad and Remove If Needed
- Inspect Carpet and Remove If Needed
Water Removal Equipment
- Moisture detectors, hygrometers, and other meters measure the extent of moisture saturation.
- Infrared cameras may be used to find “hidden” water behind walls and ceilings.
- Submersible and gas-powered pumps are used for continuous pumping of high-level water.
- Truck-mounted and portable extraction units perform efficient water removal.