Water Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
Water damage is not something you planned for in the commercial or residential area of Canton Ohio. It happens more often than we know and we are sorry that your location needs to be restored. Rest assured, help is on the way with our professional team of SERVPRO of Canton Ohio. We have a wonderful team, fully trained and ready to assist you. There are many things to not do when you have water damage, and things you should do; see the list below with some ideas of these great tips. Your home, or business, in Canton Ohio will be restored in no time.
Have A Water Damage Emergency? Call (330) 966-2377
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.